The Results You Need From The Divorce Team You Trust
Your marriage is drawing to an end, and you need to consider your options for divorce. Thousands of people throughout New Jersey have been in this exact same position, wondering what will happen to their finances, their living arrangements and their futures.
The Passaic County attorneys at Ricci & Fava Attorneys at Law have 75-plus years of experience guiding clients to successful divorce outcomes. Our priority is reaching the results that you need, whether this concerns property distribution, alimony or another issue. We will help you make wise decisions at every step as you file for divorce.
How Do The Courts Divide Property?
New Jersey is an equitable property state, which means that divorce courts divide spouses’ marital property equitably. This does not necessarily mean a 50-50 split. One spouse may receive more or less property depending on factors such as:
- The length of the marriage
- Each spouse’s income
- Each spouse’s earning potential
- Each spouse’s contribution to the marital assets
To receive a fair share, you need an attorney who can advocate for you in family law issues. We will represent you in negotiations or at court, striving for a favorable property distribution arrangement.
What Are New Jersey’s Four Types Of Alimony?
Whether you are the supporting or dependent spouse, you may need to think about alimony payments. Our state awards four types of alimony:
- Spouses can receive open durational alimony for any period as long as they have a valid reason for it.
- Limited duration alimony is paid temporarily to one spouse, usually after a short-term marriage.
- Rehabilitative alimony helps dependent spouses get training or education for a new career.
- Finally, reimbursement alimony reimburses one spouse who financially supported the other’s training or education.
Ricci & Fava Attorneys at Law can help you calculate the amount that you need to pay or receive and help you predict what to expect from the court.
Get Our Help To Get Your Divorce Finalized
Marriages come to an end every day. It is not always a pleasant situation, but our attorneys are here to help make it a bit easier.
We will help you get the results you deserve. Three convenient locations in Bloomfield, Newark and Totowa.